Our Fall Arrest system was developed by Superior Stainless Ltd and is in the process of being transferred into it's own company - Ascend Safe Ltd. Please bear with us while we change over our branding. We plan to offer other silo "accessories", so watch this space.
Our hands-free patented system allows ascent/descent of access ladders both vertical and horizontal. No need to fumble with carabineers when changing elevations. Attach the rope brake lanyard on your harness at the bottom of the tensioned wire rope that runs from top to bottom. This rope brake follows you wherever you climb, including pulling over our specially designed pulley wheel allowing access to the top of your silo.
Why would you want the Ascend Safe Fall Arrest System?
Existing safety systems used when working on silos typically involve wearing a harness that you hook onto the silo ladder. When climbing the silo, you hook onto the ladder, you step up, you unhook, you rehook higher, then you repeat again and again until you reach the height you want to work at. It’s a slow laborious process and has safety issues:
- Overreaching when rehooking
- Not bothering to hook on til you reach the top
- Hooking onto unsafe anchor points
- With a single carabineer you are detached in between hooking and rehooking as you climb
How can these issues be solved?
With our Ascend Safe Fall Arrest System!
Peace of mind.
No matter what height you are at, the system will bring you to a complete stop within the 600mm regulation for fall arrest systems and allow you to comply with the new health and safety codes.
- Materials fabricated from 304 stainless steel
- Our Superior Silo Anchor was certified by QSI Safety in their IANZ Accredited Laboratory. It was compliance tested to 18.104.22.168 (Fixed anchor devices) static testing procedures of AS/NZS 5532:2013, manufacturing requirements for single-point anchor devices used for harness based work at height
- NZ Pat. Appln. No. 727032, NZ Reg. Des. 422395
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use my own harness?
- Yes, provided it is certified and fit for purpose
Can I use this to climb inside my silo?
Do I leave the slider on permanently?
- No, it is best to keep it out of the weather
How long does it take to install?
- Around ½ day per silo
Can I install it myself?
- No, the system needs to be installed by an approved installer
What does it cost to install?
- The price varies according to the specific dimensions and design of the silo it is being installed on, as well as the location of the silo, and the number of silos being installed in the same period. So talk to us about your specific requirements.
- A first installation is made up of a basic system plus the harness, lanyard & rope-brake slider set.
- Subsequent installations at the same location would typically be just the basic system
Do you install ladders as well?
- Yes, we can. Talk to us about it.
Do you travel to the South Island?
Can this system be used on applications other than silos?
- Yes, we already have variations for climbing ladders to platforms, and are happy to consider other variations for specific situations. Talk to us about it.
Is the system safety approved?
- Yes, it has been certified by QSi Safety in their IANZ Accredited laboratory. It was compliance tested to 22.214.171.124 (Fixed Anchor devices) static testing procedures of AS/NZS 5532:2013, manufacturing requirements for single-point anchor device used for harness based work at height.
What is the life expectancy of the components?
- The life of the silo. It will need an annual visual check
I live close to the sea, does it affect the grade of steel?
- Yes, 316 steel will need to be used for better corrosion resistance