Ascend Safe's hands-free Fall Arrest System provides personal safety on access ladders in both vertical and horizontal planes with no need to detach and re-attach due to the continuous movement capabilities of the rope grab. Our unobstructive System is lightweight and resistant in all adverse weather conditions.
Why would you want the Ascend Safe Fall Arrest System?
Existing safety systems and/or safety equipment can be obstructive, slow and laborious and come with the following safety hazards:
- Overreaching when rehooking carabineers/scaff hooks
- Being unsecure until hooking on at the top of the access ladder
- Hooking onto unsafe/uncertified anchor points
- If using a single carabineer/scaff hook you are unsecure between hooking and rehooking as you climb
How can these issues be solved?
With our Ascend Safe Fall Arrest System!
Peace of mind
No matter what height if a fall was to occur, the System should bring you to a complete stop within the 600mm standard for fall arrest systems in accordance with AS/NZS 1891.4:2000
- Materials fabricated from stainless steel
- Anchor certified by QSI Safety in their IANZ Accredited Laboratory on 15th June 2016 as compliant with 22.214.171.124 (Fixed anchor devices) static testing procedures of AS/NZS 5532:2013 (Manufacturing requirements for single-point anchor devices used for harness based work at height)
- NZ Pat. Appln. No. 727032 (patent pending)
- NZ Reg. Des. 422395
FAQs - Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use my own harness?
- Yes, if it is equally or better fit for purpose than those provided by us
Can I use this to climb inside my silo?
Do I leave the slider on permanently?
- No, it is best to keep it stored with the harness and lanyard in a dry place when not in use
How long does it take to install?
- Around ½ day per access ladder
Can I install it myself?
- No, the System needs to be installed by an approved installer
What does it cost to install?
- The price varies according to the specific dimensions and design of the application the System is being installed on, as well as the location, and the number of Systems being installed in the same period. So talk to us about your specific requirements.
- The initial installation is inclusive of the System plus the harness, lanyard & rope grab set.
- Subsequent installations at the same location would typically require the System only.
Do you install ladders as well?
- Yes, we can. Talk to us about it.
Do you travel to the South Island?
Can this system be used on other access ladder applications?
- Yes, we already have variations for access ladders to silos, tanks and platforms and are happy to consider other variations for specific applications. Contact us to discuss this further.
Does the System have safety/compliance approvals?
- Yes, the anchor has been certified by QSi Safety in their IANZ Accredited laboratory as compliant with 126.96.36.199 (Fixed Anchor devices) static testing procedures of AS/NZS 5532:2013 (Manufacturing requirements for single-point anchor device used for harness based work at height).
What is the life expectancy of the components?
- In general, the life of the components is dependent on the condition of the connection points to which the System is attached and how the System is maintained/used. The System will need annual inspections to access its condition.
I live close to the sea, does it affect the grade of steel required?
- Yes, 316 steel will need to be used for better corrosion resistance